The 5th JKA NorCal Shotokan Karate League will be open to outside dojos for the first time this year. The tournament will be held on August 30th at the Prime Time Athletic Club. This year, the proceeds of our league will help fund our Youth US Team Members to compete in Gichin Funakoshi World Cup in Tokyo, Japan in October 2014. We will also have Shihan Takayuki Mikami (9th dan and chief instructor of JKA/American Federation) as our guest.
This tournament will be pre-registration only. Registration forms must be postmarked no later than August 22nd. (Prime Time karate members can register at the front desk). With your help and support, we expect this league to be another great success. We will be awarding medals for lst, 2nd and 3rd place.
We look forward to seeing you and we thank you in advance for your support.
1. Individual Kata
2. Individual Kumite
3. Team Kata (Intermediate & advanced)
YOUTH DIVISION: (Boys & Girls Combined)
1. WHITE BELTS KATA ONLY
2. YELLOW BELTS (8th kyu) = KATA & GOHON KUMITE, (JODAN & CHUDAN ONLY)
3. ORANGE BELTS (8th kyu) = KATA & KIHON IPPON KUMITE, (JODAN & CHUDAN ONLY)
4. GREEN, PURPLE & BROWN BELTS (6th kyu – 1st dan) = KATA & JIYU KUMITE (SHOBU IPPON)
ADULT KATA & KUMITE DIVISION: (MALE & FEMALE) (Shobu Ippon for all adult kumite events)
1. BEGINNERS DIVISION = WHITE, YELLOW & ORANGE BELTS (9-7 kyu)
2. INTERMEDIATE DIVISION = GREEN TO PURPLE BELTS (6-4 kyu)
3. ADVANCED DIVISION = BROWN & BLACK BELTS (3rd kyu- 1st dan only)
MANDATORY KUMITE GEAR:
YOUTH: (6-12 YEARS OLD)
1. Green to Purple Belts (6th Kyu – 4th Kyu) = (head gear, white hand pads, foot gear & mouth guard)
2. Brown & Black Belts (3″‘ Kyu – 1“ Dan) = (hand pads & mouth guard)
ADULTS: (13 YEARS OLD & ABOVE)
1. Beginners to Advanced Belts = (hand pads & mouth guard)